Final Year Project 1

Yes. I know I had a picture showing my larvae and broodstock a few post earlier...

Those days are hard learning. I am looking forward to what is currently written in my log book. It will not be easy with the rain due to the monsoon season.

But I know the only enemy I am facing is myself. To bring myself from the comfort of my bedroom to go prepare a 30 degree celcius water for my larvae. Yes, It is crazy.

Like I will be sleeping, eating, and do all my business in the hatchery... to provide optimum temperature for my larvae.

In the end, I just need to have 30 larvae so I can slice their caudal peduncle and obtain their blood for smearing.

If I got the time, I may as well extend the variables and make a complete set experiment. Those data could meant a lot.

Fide et Labore.

4 comments:

  1. wish ya all the best bro in ur final year project..hmm..i cant comment much as I dun really understand some of the jargon that u r posting about ur studies..hehehe..anyway, wish u the best of luck ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sorry this few days had been on aquaculture and aquaculture is not really popular in the big city.

    log book is meant for me to keep track on what i am doing. it covers every thing i need to get my job done.

    it had been raining for this few days but i need to maintain the water temperature for the larvae at 30 celcius.

    At a lower temperature, larvae will be susceptible to fungi and death is certain. It was for your info, fungi growth are related to sudden drop of temperature.

    So during this monsoon season, I will be holding on... keep my spirit high and the temperature at 30 celcius.

    Fide et Labore is Latin for Faith and Labour/Work.

    In short, it meant to me, to Work hard for my Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your final year project deals with larvae? what larvae is that?




    [Jino] – A man’s not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. the African catfish, Clarias gariepinus.

    diploid and triploid larvae.

    the title: triploid induction by cold shock in the african catfish, clarias gariepinus.

    ReplyDelete

Yinkoon wants to know your response to this post...